My sons’ school had a party at the Nelsonville Pool this morning at 10, so I left the house at 8 on my bike. 2 hours and 28 miles later, I met up with them at the pool.
The route can be found on MapMyRide
Some highlights from the ride:
- Fox Lake Road continues to be one of my favorite roads in Athens. I haven’t been on it in a long time. It offers some decent climbs and a good mix of rollers with minimal traffics.
- The low points on 356 were about ten degrees cooler than the rest of the road. They literally gave me a breath of fresh air when it was badly needed.
- I made it up all the hills, even the hill up from 56 on 691. That one is easily one of the harder hills in the area.
- 691 was radically smooth and fast, having just been paved recently. However, the fresh blacktop made it especially hot.
- it was only 75 degrees when I left the house, but creeping into the nineties by the time I arrived at the pull.
- the front of my right need starting feeling a bit tender around mile 22
- two bottles and small Gatorade seemed to work well for the ride
- drank another Gatorade and bottle while waiting in the pool parking lot for my family to arrive
- got a nice nap this afternoon
Overall a fantastic ride on some roads that I have not been on in quite some time.